More by Greg Swann
Buy my Amazon Kindle books
Disintermediate the ruling class
Man Alive! A survival manual for the human mind
A free eBook of moral philosophy
My other writing isn't collected in one place, but here's a shopping list for finding the best of it:
- Greg Swann writes – fiction and early essays.
- PresenceOfMind.net – a weblog I maintained in the early years of the new millenium.
- BloodhoundBlog – a national real estate weblog I started and contribute to. Much of the content there will be real estate related, but everything I write is focused on the self, and this is best represented in the longer essays.
- SelfAdoration.com – a weblog devoted to the philosophical defense of ontologically-consonant egoism.
- Where have all the good men gone? You’ll find them where their values are appreciated and admired.
- When the New Left becomes the Old Reich, it’s time to get a gun.
- Going Galt with style: By choosing so admirably, Richard Nikoley sets a good example for us all.
- The perfect life and beautiful death of a gangly little mermaid.
- Celebrating the first year of Man Alive!: There is more to come…
Email Greg SwannGSwann@PresenceOfMind.net
Fair warning: Your name and email address will be kept confidential, but unless you say otherwise, your text is blogfodder by default.
SplendorQuest done socially
By PDGACO payday loans uk
- If @Coyoteblog were as good as his philosophy, he would be denouncing, not empowering, coercive rent-seekers. #tlot facebook.com/greg.swann.18/… 8 hours ago
- Hey @Coyoteblog If you knowingly rent a stolen car, what's your culpability? coyoteblog.com/coyote_blog/20… coyoteblog.com/coyote_blog/20… 10 hours ago
- The transitive law of scandals: If scandals = birtherism, then birtherism = scandals. Who knew? #tlot #tcot nationalreview.com/corner/348959/… 1 day ago
- Breaking news: 59% of Americans too smart to work as journalists. #tlot #tcot nationalreview.com/corner/348913/… 1 day ago
- The least powerful man on Earth, slave to his lies, owned by everyone he lied to. #tlot #tcot facebook.com/photo.php?fbid… http://t.co/wd40tSU3x6 1 day ago
- You're Bill Ayers. You now realize you can never have what you want, a domesticated human being. What's your fallback position? #tlot #tcot 2 days ago
- @JudgyBitch1 @TheCulDeSacHero Come and play with us, if not at Facebook then at your blog. Where are all the good men? Where they're wanted. 2 days ago
I speak your language
I am delighted to speak anywhere, anywhen, and I am interested in any opportunity you can come up with for me to evangelize egoism. I am rich in ideas that, so far, few of us seem to prize. If you value the idea of Splendor in the way I do, let's talk about how we can increase our numbers.
Search this site
- Start the day dancing: No Myth by Michael Penn.
- When I start a band, I’m going to call it…
- Start the day dancing: Thunder Road by Melissa Etheridge with Bruce Springsteen
- Start the day dancing: Searching For A Heart by Warren Zevon.
- Start the day dancing: Makin’ Whoopee/My Funny Valentine by Michelle Pfeiffer
- Government is crime. Everything it does makes life worse, not better. How is that a good bargain? | SelfAdoration.com on Roads could be so much better built, but not while the state monopolizes transportation.
- Mall crawling: It’s looking a little more like Christmas at the Arrowhead Towne Center Mall. | SplendorQuest.com on No one is coming for Christmas: The lonely life of a sad-sack Santa at the EmptyCenter Mall.
- Salman Khan talks to Charlie Rose about the founding of the Khan Academy. | SplendorQuest.com on Imagine no schoolteachers: Salman Khan brings free on-line education to anyone who wants it.
- Greg Swann on YouTube is fast becoming my favorite TV station.
- The Buck Stops Here: Mike Hansen in San Marcos and Richard Bailey in Coronado « SD Rostra on A rallying cry for the Tea Party rebellion: “You’re not the boss of me!”
SplendorQuest on iTunes
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- April 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- November 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- Photo credit: Manhattan Skyline by Francisco Diez.
Monthly Archives: March 2012
I’m in the midst of writing a book in defense of the human mind. I keep calling it an essay or a treatise, but by now I realize, to my chagrin, that it’s going to turn out to be a … Continue reading
A: Claude. It’s a Fathertongue joke. You can run it by any young kids you may know to see if they have graduated to childhood. A child would have to understand Fathertongue to get the joke — to swap the … Continue reading
My friend Jim Klein fingered this video this morning: Forget the context. It doesn’t matter. What I want for you to see is that young man’s face just as he finishes playing. This is the face of Splendor. This is … Continue reading
[I'm pulling this over from BloodhoundBlog from 2007. The back-story is the tragic death of a young father. --GSS] I make my living as a hard-headed, practical man, but I live in a very abstract world. Because of the Anglin … Continue reading
This is from my book, The Unfallen. Click on the link to download the whole book. That night when Gwen was undressing, she read the card Winnie had given her. It was an M.I.T. business card with Winnie’s home address … Continue reading
I write as a writer: There has never been satire as concise and perfect as South Park by Trey Parker and Matt Stone.
To say anything is to block their light: Reverse CowgirlGet More: SOUTHPARKClyde Donovan,Randy Marsh,more… Simply brilliant. Pitch-perfect at every tone. What of our art will survive us? Almost nothing. But South Park will. As another guy said, their stories are … Continue reading
Forget multiple orgasms. Any woman should be able to come instantaneously and continuously — if she learns how.
Prepending further notice: I have not been back to this project for a few months, and I don’t know when I’ll get back to it. Everyone’s money has been refunded, and I’ll probably do something very different when I get … Continue reading