More by Greg Swann
Buy my Amazon Kindle books
Disintermediate the ruling class
Man Alive! A survival manual for the human mind
A free eBook of moral philosophy
My other writing isn't collected in one place, but here's a shopping list for finding the best of it:
- Greg Swann writes – fiction and early essays.
- PresenceOfMind.net – a weblog I maintained in the early years of the new millenium.
- BloodhoundBlog – a national real estate weblog I started and contribute to. Much of the content there will be real estate related, but everything I write is focused on the self, and this is best represented in the longer essays.
- SelfAdoration.com – a weblog devoted to the philosophical defense of ontologically-consonant egoism.
- Where have all the good men gone? You’ll find them where their values are appreciated and admired.
- When the New Left becomes the Old Reich, it’s time to get a gun.
- Going Galt with style: By choosing so admirably, Richard Nikoley sets a good example for us all.
- The perfect life and beautiful death of a gangly little mermaid.
- Celebrating the first year of Man Alive!: There is more to come…
Email Greg SwannGSwann@PresenceOfMind.net
Fair warning: Your name and email address will be kept confidential, but unless you say otherwise, your text is blogfodder by default.
SplendorQuest done socially
By AHRALLSUK payday loans uk
- The least powerful man on Earth, slave to his lies, owned by everyone he lied to. #tlot #tcot facebook.com/photo.php?fbid… http://t.co/wd40tSU3x6 6 hours ago
- You're Bill Ayers. You now realize you can never have what you want, a domesticated human being. What's your fallback position? #tlot #tcot 9 hours ago
- @JudgyBitch1 @TheCulDeSacHero Come and play with us, if not at Facebook then at your blog. Where are all the good men? Where they're wanted. 9 hours ago
- @JudgyBitch1 @TheCulDeSacHero Steal this book. facebook.com/dan.melson/pos… 9 hours ago
- Reporters get investigated by the Feds. Journalists print the ensuing leaks. Thanks to Obama, everyone now knows the difference. #tlot #tcot 10 hours ago
- The Church Lady runs the IRS! This could be so funny in Dana Carvey's hands - but don't hold your breath. #tlot #tcot http://t.co/7XEpwew7th 3 days ago
I speak your language
I am delighted to speak anywhere, anywhen, and I am interested in any opportunity you can come up with for me to evangelize egoism. I am rich in ideas that, so far, few of us seem to prize. If you value the idea of Splendor in the way I do, let's talk about how we can increase our numbers.
Search this site
- Start the day dancing: No Myth by Michael Penn.
- When I start a band, I’m going to call it…
- Start the day dancing: Thunder Road by Melissa Etheridge with Bruce Springsteen
- Start the day dancing: Searching For A Heart by Warren Zevon.
- Start the day dancing: Makin’ Whoopee/My Funny Valentine by Michelle Pfeiffer
- Government is crime. Everything it does makes life worse, not better. How is that a good bargain? | SelfAdoration.com on Roads could be so much better built, but not while the state monopolizes transportation.
- Mall crawling: It’s looking a little more like Christmas at the Arrowhead Towne Center Mall. | SplendorQuest.com on No one is coming for Christmas: The lonely life of a sad-sack Santa at the EmptyCenter Mall.
- Salman Khan talks to Charlie Rose about the founding of the Khan Academy. | SplendorQuest.com on Imagine no schoolteachers: Salman Khan brings free on-line education to anyone who wants it.
- Greg Swann on YouTube is fast becoming my favorite TV station.
- The Buck Stops Here: Mike Hansen in San Marcos and Richard Bailey in Coronado « SD Rostra on A rallying cry for the Tea Party rebellion: “You’re not the boss of me!”
SplendorQuest on iTunes
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- April 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- November 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- Photo credit: Manhattan Skyline by Francisco Diez.
Author Archives: Greg Swann
What if I were Romeo in black jeans…?
We’re ridin’ out tonight to case the promised land…
You can’t start it like a car, you can’t stop it with a gun…
Start the New Year dancing… Me from BloodhoundBlog: This is my all-time favorite New Year’s movie (Netflix link): More than you knowMore than you knowMan of my heart, I love you soLately I findYou’re on my mindMore than you know … Continue reading
Celebrating humanity for the New Year: You are as large as you want to be, as good as you choose to be.
My observation for the New Year, left as a comment at The Atlantic. It’s plausible to me that my remarks will incite ugly displays of self-loathing, but that’s what I get for speaking up there. Here is my note, a … Continue reading