More by Greg Swann
Buy my Amazon Kindle books
Disintermediate the ruling class
Man Alive! A survival manual for the human mind
A free eBook of moral philosophy
My other writing isn't collected in one place, but here's a shopping list for finding the best of it:
- Greg Swann writes – fiction and early essays.
- PresenceOfMind.net – a weblog I maintained in the early years of the new millenium.
- BloodhoundBlog – a national real estate weblog I started and contribute to. Much of the content there will be real estate related, but everything I write is focused on the self, and this is best represented in the longer essays.
- SelfAdoration.com – a weblog devoted to the philosophical defense of ontologically-consonant egoism.
- Lies all the way down: Ventilating Uncle Willie’s Father’s Day funk.
- Why I read Ibsen.
- Telling long stories about other people’s nightmares — for Father’s Day.
- Redemption is egoism in action: My eBook “Janio at a Point” is yours free for the downloading.
- Reflections of the irresistible by way of one drop in an ocean of love.
Email Greg SwannGSwann@PresenceOfMind.net
Fair warning: Your name and email address will be kept confidential, but unless you say otherwise, your text is blogfodder by default.
SplendorQuest done socially
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
I speak your language
I am delighted to speak anywhere, anywhen, and I am interested in any opportunity you can come up with for me to evangelize egoism. I am rich in ideas that, so far, few of us seem to prize. If you value the idea of Splendor in the way I do, let's talk about how we can increase our numbers.
Search this site
- Start the day dancing: No Myth by Michael Penn.
- When I start a band, I’m going to call it…
- Start the day dancing: Thunder Road by Melissa Etheridge with Bruce Springsteen
- Start the day dancing: Searching For A Heart by Warren Zevon.
- Start the day dancing: Makin’ Whoopee/My Funny Valentine by Michelle Pfeiffer
- Government is crime. Everything it does makes life worse, not better. How is that a good bargain? | SelfAdoration.com on Roads could be so much better built, but not while the state monopolizes transportation.
- Mall crawling: It’s looking a little more like Christmas at the Arrowhead Towne Center Mall. | SplendorQuest.com on No one is coming for Christmas: The lonely life of a sad-sack Santa at the EmptyCenter Mall.
- Salman Khan talks to Charlie Rose about the founding of the Khan Academy. | SplendorQuest.com on Imagine no schoolteachers: Salman Khan brings free on-line education to anyone who wants it.
- Greg Swann on YouTube is fast becoming my favorite TV station.
- The Buck Stops Here: Mike Hansen in San Marcos and Richard Bailey in Coronado « SD Rostra on A rallying cry for the Tea Party rebellion: “You’re not the boss of me!”
SplendorQuest on iTunes
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- April 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- November 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- Photo credit: Manhattan Skyline by Francisco Diez.
Monthly Archives: April 2009
It’s like a motorcycle, but without the pick-up or maneuverability. Or economy. Or range. Or sex-appeal. I want mine with the Vook option!