More by Greg Swann
Buy my Amazon Kindle books
Disintermediate the ruling class
Man Alive! A survival manual for the human mind
A free eBook of moral philosophy
My other writing isn't collected in one place, but here's a shopping list for finding the best of it:
- Greg Swann writes – fiction and early essays.
- PresenceOfMind.net – a weblog I maintained in the early years of the new millenium.
- BloodhoundBlog – a national real estate weblog I started and contribute to. Much of the content there will be real estate related, but everything I write is focused on the self, and this is best represented in the longer essays.
- SelfAdoration.com – a weblog devoted to the philosophical defense of ontologically-consonant egoism.
- When the New Left becomes the Old Reich, it’s time to get a gun.
- Going Galt with style: By choosing so admirably, Richard Nikoley sets a good example for us all.
- The perfect life and beautiful death of a gangly little mermaid.
- Celebrating the first year of Man Alive!: There is more to come…
- Nudity is a dumb argument, but at least the Femen babes get naked for justice – and they have waists!
Email Greg SwannGSwann@PresenceOfMind.net
Fair warning: Your name and email address will be kept confidential, but unless you say otherwise, your text is blogfodder by default.
SplendorQuest done socially
CommonSense instant approval payday uk Products What's Necessary
- The Church Lady runs the IRS! This could be so funny in Dana Carvey's hands - but don't hold your breath. #tlot #tcot http://t.co/7XEpwew7th 1 day ago
- Center for Disease Control: "A shocking 94% of our press releases are contaminated with FUD!" #tlot #tcot foxnews.com/health/2013/05… 1 day ago
- RT @bensima: “@matthewhussey: 'sapiosexual (n.) - a person who is attracted to or aroused by intelligence and its use' That makes me a #sup… 2 days ago
- How do we now know that all progressives are vampires? They cannot possibly see the souls they reflect to everyone else. #tlot #tcot 3 days ago
- What's the progressive definition of tolerance? Public displays of petty ugliness. #tlot #tcot upworthy.com/how-does-the-w… 3 days ago
- Ack! Ted's a FSBO! #HIMYM 5 days ago
- At last, a wavelength of tyranny visible to journalists' eyes: "Feds tap press phone records" #tlot #tcot bigstory.ap.org/article/govt-o… 5 days ago
I speak your language
I am delighted to speak anywhere, anywhen, and I am interested in any opportunity you can come up with for me to evangelize egoism. I am rich in ideas that, so far, few of us seem to prize. If you value the idea of Splendor in the way I do, let's talk about how we can increase our numbers.
Search this site
- Start the day dancing: No Myth by Michael Penn.
- When I start a band, I’m going to call it…
- Start the day dancing: Thunder Road by Melissa Etheridge with Bruce Springsteen
- Start the day dancing: Searching For A Heart by Warren Zevon.
- Start the day dancing: Makin’ Whoopee/My Funny Valentine by Michelle Pfeiffer
- Government is crime. Everything it does makes life worse, not better. How is that a good bargain? | SelfAdoration.com on Roads could be so much better built, but not while the state monopolizes transportation.
- Mall crawling: It’s looking a little more like Christmas at the Arrowhead Towne Center Mall. | SplendorQuest.com on No one is coming for Christmas: The lonely life of a sad-sack Santa at the EmptyCenter Mall.
- Salman Khan talks to Charlie Rose about the founding of the Khan Academy. | SplendorQuest.com on Imagine no schoolteachers: Salman Khan brings free on-line education to anyone who wants it.
- Greg Swann on YouTube is fast becoming my favorite TV station.
- The Buck Stops Here: Mike Hansen in San Marcos and Richard Bailey in Coronado « SD Rostra on A rallying cry for the Tea Party rebellion: “You’re not the boss of me!”
SplendorQuest on iTunes
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- April 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- November 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- Photo credit: Manhattan Skyline by Francisco Diez.
Monthly Archives: April 2011
This is an extract from a book I wrote called The Unfallen. Today is Patriot’s Day, the birthday of Gwendolyn Jones, the leading lady in the novel. In this segment, Gwen discusses how women cheat themselves of their own sovereignty … Continue reading
Richard Mitchell: “Jefferson must have imagined an America in which all citizens would be able, when they felt like it, to address one another as members of the same class. That we cannot do so is a sore impediment to equality, but, of course, a great advantage to those who can use the English of power and wealth.”
Richard Mitchell, The Underground Grammarian, from Less Than Words Can Say: The invention of discursive prose liberated the mind of man from the limitations of the individual’s memory. We can now "know" not just what we can store in our … Continue reading
“ObamaCare’s guiding principle, however, is not paternalism. It is about the government’s power to identify “public uses,” as contemplated by the Fifth Amendment, and then compel unwilling individuals to engage in conduct that would, in the government’s view, advance such uses.”
Anyone forced to buy health insurance will also be compelled to part with private property, i.e., private wealth, but unlike in: Kelo what he receives in return is what the government instructs him to receive, i.e. insurance from a private insurer, the content of which will be regulated, to some extent, by the Federal government. It is fair to ask, if the Constitution required amendment to authorize a Federal income tax which taxpayers must pay to avoid punishment, why should an amendment not also be a prerequisite to the implementation of ObamaCare?